Sl-6 and walkies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl-6 and walkies

I'm on a reality style series here in Chicago, I have a 688/sl-6 with 1x470 SRb with superslot, 1x26 SRb with superslot, and 1x19 SRb no superslot. Occasionally I have been getting some pretty wicked RF hits on the 26s from the walkies, this also happens on the 470 as well, but that is due to intermod with the walkies, but it seems to be also messing with the block 26 even though intermod shouldn't be an issue. For instance, when I transmit from the walkie I will get RF spikes from the 470 and blk 26s 19s always seem to be clean. I've moved freqs around checked them out with freqfinder. The walkies are on 461.071, and 466.071. Same channels on another 688 with SRbs and 664 (also with SRbs) rig are always clean. Seems to be the sl-6.

thoughts? Would a better antenna dipole ect, be better? Thanks in advance.

HI,

When mentioned that same channels on a different 688 with SRbs are are always, are these the same SRbs that you're using or just same blocks? Also are these connected to an SL-6 or directly to the 688 inputs? I know you're on set, but when you have a moment and if it's feasible for your workflow and can you try and swap these out and see what results you get?

Some thoughts in regards to walkies-talkies:
    • It's common for some multi-channel walkies to operate in the 460-500MHz band - sometimes these step on mics and IFB's.
    • It's also common for the RF signal of a walkie to be sometimes 40dB higher than the RF signal from a bodypack microphone transmitter. When a walkie is keyed it can wreak havoc on mics and IFB's.
    If issues persists can you send an e-mail to [email protected] or give us a call 608-524-0625. That way our tech support team can help troubleshoot further and narrow down what's causing this issue. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Nelson

Comment

Hey, thanks for the quick response, so yeah the "b" and "c" bags are both different SRbs not in a sl-6 just hard wired into the inputs. The weird thing is that it only seems to both my bag with the sl-6 attached. I've been on a lot of sets and I've never had this kind of issue with the walkies. Maybe these are on a slightly different band, or maybe they put out more power than others not really sure. Wasn't sure if this was a issue other we're having or I'm just having bad luck with walkies on this one. Next time it happens, which is random, I will try and take a video. And I'll hit you guys up email or phone. Doing interviews today or else I'd give you a call today. Thanks so much!

Comment

You're very welcome. Thanks for confirming this information. Definitely keep up posted on how everything goes. We look forward to your call or e-mail. Just to let you know we'll be in the office today until 5pm Central time and tomorrow until noon. Our offices will be closed on 4th of July, but we'll be back on Tuesday at 8:30am. Regardless we look forward hearing from you and getting this issues solved. Hope you have a great day!

Best Regards,
        Nelson

Comment

Working...
        X