Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using WAVE agent for translating

Illuminati,
    A client is asking if I can upload WAV files to a translator abroad who has been using Wave Agent to playback and read the timecode. Now, I use wave agent and it's a really great WAV librarian, but the thought of having to upload WAV files for 3 hours every night is daunting. I suggested recording SD633 mp3 files, for quick uploads, but the dilemma is of course, that wave agent does not read mp3s. So, can anyone please suggest an mp3 player that will read and display timecode recorded on a SD633, 688 etc? Many thanks, Dave

http://bwfwidget.com/html/bwf-widget-pro.html
    Matt Mayer

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tentacle Sync Studio. (mac)

Comment

Many thanks. I think they went the Express Scribe route in the end. The producer was very happy with TC stamped mp3 copies.

Comment

I guess we could add that as a request. SD makes recorders that will records MP3 with metadata....why can't Wave Agent read them?
          Charles Tomaras
          Seattle, WA

Comment

Thank you for your input! I will add this to our Wave Agent feature request list!

Comment

Danny....while you are adding stuff to that list....take a look at how Sound Reports get printed in PDF. The font choice and kerning is all screwed up. Has been for years. Would be nice to have something more typographically pleasing that's not somewhat squished together.
              Charles Tomaras
              Seattle, WA

Comment

Hello Charles,
                I have printed a few PDF's locally without any issues. Please send an example to [email protected], and I will take a look. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Greenwald View Post
                  Hello Charles,
                  I have printed a few PDF's locally without any issues. Please send an example to [email protected], and I will take a look. Thank you!
                  ​Danny, try printing on a Windows 8 or Windows 10. Betting you are using a Mac.
                  Charles Tomaras
                  Seattle, WA

Comment

Indeed, a Mac. OK, I will examine on a Windows OS! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X