EQUIPMENT REPAIR HISTORY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQUIPMENT REPAIR HISTORY

I contacted the service department at Sound Devices today to gather information. I need to send my "2002" SD 442 mixer in for a simple repair. I also wanted a copy of the repair history for the unit. I was told the years it was repaired (2006, 2007 and 2013) but not specific details.

My old 442 has lost the right channel of the 1/4-inch headphone jack. That’s it. With the minimum technicians charge and shipping the cost is getting close to $400.00 dollars without parts. So, I felt that by knowing what parts were replaced I would have a more informed view on which components should be replaced. As example if 3 of the 4 fader pots have been replaced, I might just have the 4th replaced while the unit is being serviced, even if was in working condition.

While the service representative was helpful, there was a strong hesitancy to give me the repair history of the unit, even when I said that all personal information, prier owners and cost could be removed from the document.

Eventually, the service representative said they would email the information, but I am still at a loss understanding why this information is held so tightly?

Sincerely,

Mark Kirchner

Mark,

That generally isn't the case. I'll check in to it. PM me your serial number and who you talked to.

Matt
    Matt Mayer

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your help with the repair history. I will be sending the 442 in for service the first of the week.m
      Back to the mother-ship.

Mark

Comment

I just wanted to say the that Sound Devices did a great job with the repair of my 442 mixer and service. It is like a new machine now and back into the field.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments, Mark!

Comment

Working...
          X